The University of Tasmania offers this generous fee waiver to encourage its alumni to pursue further studies at the University. Available for both full-time and part-time study, this initiative will cover the fees for any combination of units up to a maximum of 25 credit points each calendar year for staff enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place.
Available to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- are Australia citizens OR permanent residency visa holders residing in Australia during their studies; and
- are eligible for a Commonwealth supported place under the HECS-HELP system (this applies to most people - visit Study Assist for eligibility guidelines) and fulfil Commonwealth requirements; and
- have not graduated with a University of Tasmania degree or qualification in the previous three years; and
- are not currently receiving any other University of Tasmania HECS waivers.
Not available to:
- Applicants undertaking fee paying courses (not a Commonwealth Supported Place).
Up to the value of 25% credit points in a Commonwealth Supported Course.
- Apply to study an eligible course.
- Once you have received your offer, follow the instructions to accept your place.
- Complete your enrolment in eStudent - follow this guide to enrolling.
- Apply for the University Alumni HECS Waiver.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application via your University of Tasmania email address.