The University of Tasmania Sustainability Committee conducts a biennial sustainability survey to gain insights into student and staff perceptions, aspirations, and behaviours on sustainability in general and on the sustainability performance of the university specifically. Survey results inform implementation of university strategies and are used in benchmarking, development of key performance indicators and delivery of sustainability initiatives and programs.
The survey is run as two separate surveys:
- The staff survey is wholly a proprietary survey called the Sustainability Culture Indicator (SCI) from Awake P.L.
- The student survey uses the majority of the same questions under an agreement with the SCI authors, but with additional university-specific questions, such as queries on carbon neutrality and fossil fuel divestment.
2020 Sustainability Survey
- Student Sustainability Survey Response report 2020 (PDF 553.2 KB)
- Staff Sustainability Survey Response report 2020 (PDF 1.7 MB)
2018 Sustainability Survey
- Student Sustainability Survey Response report 2018 (PDF 1.1 MB)
- Staff Sustainability Survey Response report 2018 (PDF 1.4 MB)
2016 Sustainability Survey