Welcome to the University of Tasmania Business Network
We bring together business professionals, students, alumni, researchers, and forward-thinking organisations to foster collaboration, innovation, and lifelong learning.
As a member of the University Business Network, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- Network opportunities with like-minded individuals who share your passion for professional growth and community development.
- Stay updated on the latest business insights from Tasmanian researchers.
- Participate in taster workshops of emerging University courses, ensuring you stay ahead in an ever-evolving business landscape.
- Build connections with industry leaders, leveraging their expertise and creating collaboration opportunities.
- Stay current with in-demand skills through our suite of short-course programs.
Whether you're a student, an alumnus, or a business professional anywhere in Australia, we invite you to join our growing network and make a lasting impact on Tasmania's business landscape. There are no membership fees involved, ensuring that you can freely access the benefits and opportunities within our business network.
The Network connects you with the people and the expertise you need to support your organisation
Showcase your organisation to prospective employees and read about student success stories in the Network newsletter
Access resources and services to develop your organisation and your workforce
Network storiesView more stories
New research into AI reveals bias against women in leadership28 Sep 2023
New research from the Tasmanian School of Business and Economics at the University of Tasmania has revealed that AI-generated content can perpetuate harmful gender biases.Through analysing AI-generated content about what makes a ‘good’ and…
Starting the conversation at the College of Business and Economics22 Sep 2023
For many people, starting a conversation with someone new can be intimidating and awkward and will often push them out of their comfort zone. Add topics like career or networking to the equation and it can be game over.However, networking is an…
University of Tasmania graduate named 2023 Accounting Student of the Year22 Aug 2023
When University of Tasmania graduate Aloka Sathyangi Senadeera received the national 2023 Accounting Student of the Year award, it marked the culmination of years of dedication to her studies and to Tasmania.The Accountants Daily Accounting Student…
The Tax Clinic is a community service focused on providing eligible taxpayers with free tax assistance and advice while allowing our students the opportunity to develop their skills.
Our short courses, workshops and open online programs give you opportunities for personal and professional development, without the commitment of long-term study.
Designed to equip our students with professional skills and experience, the University of Tasmania's Business Placement program expands our students' horizons whilst supporting local businesses, organisations and not-for-profits have important work completed.
Advertise your employment opportunities to directly target those students who would be the best fit for your organisation. Advertise your graduate, part time, casual or even volunteer role using our new career portal that our over 30,000 students have access to. Register here to place a job advertisement.
The Graduation Verification Service (GVS) provides a service to search the database for students who have graduated at the University of Tasmania
Help shape business education
We understand that business education doesn’t just happen in a classroom, and we are always looking for new ways to give our students the hands-on experience and skills they need to be job-ready.
Can you help us shape the future of business education? We’re always after:
- Guest speakers for workshops or masterclasses
- Stories from Tasmanian organisations to showcase in workshops
- Student site visits to your organisation
- Corporate intern placements
If you can help, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
Industry Advisory Board
The Business Network is managed by the College of Business and Economics at the University of Tasmania. The College works closely with an Industry Advisory Board to gather feedback on our teaching, graduate skill requirements and research that matters to the business community.
Current Board members are:
- Kim Seagram, Chair (fermentasmania)
- Brad Hilder (SRT Logistics)
- Daniel Leesong (Coal River Farm)
- Daniel Hanna (Federal Group)
- Bob Ruddick (Ruddicks Chartered Accountants)
- Gina Gunn (Property Agents Board)
- Carol Harding (Fearless Problem-Solving)
- Vicki Mackrill (Launceston College)
- Kate Daley (Purefoods & Launceston Chamber of Commerce)
- Angela Driver (Tasmanian Leaders)
- Michael Bailey (Tasmanian Chamber of Commerce)