Supported by the
- Annual Tax Returns
- Small Business Enquiries
- Advocacy on tax regulation and legislation
- A range of other enquiries
To find out how we can help you, get in touch via email or phone or drop into one of our pop-up clinics near you.
Why the Tax Clinic?
The Tax Clinic has been designed to :
- Provide advice and support for unrepresented.
- Assist in developing practical experience for students as the future of the tax profession
- Raise awareness and understanding of issues in the current tax system
- Develop new ways to help people in our community
How we can help
The Tax Clinic proudly provides communities with free professional tax services in:
- Complex tax issues on:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Capital Gain Tax (CGT)
- Advocacy in the tax regulation and legislation
- Dispute Assist and private rulings
- Applying for remissions of penalties
- Negotiating a payment plan with the Tax Office
- Individual tax return
- Lodgement obligation of Small Business Entities (SBE)
Where you can find us
Become an intern
2022 tax season is just around the corner! Do you want to be part of our great team this coming tax season?
Undertaking an internship with the University of Tasmania Tax Clinic is a great way to gain experience and help people in your community. Applications for Semester 2, 2022 intake open on Friday, 6 May 2022. Click below to find out more.