Supported by the ATO, and under guidance from our experienced tax professionals, students can provide you with quality tax advice or assistance related to everything from:
- Annual Tax Returns
- Small Business Enquiries
- Advocacy on tax regulation and legislation
- A range of other enquiries
To find out how we can help you, get in touch via email or phone or drop into one of our pop-up clinics near you.
Why the Tax Clinic?
The Tax Clinic has been designed to :
- Provide advice and support for unrepresented or in-need taxpayers
- Assist in developing practical experience for students as the future of the tax profession
- Raise awareness and understanding of issues in the current tax system
- Develop new ways to help people in our community
How we can help
The Tax Clinic proudly provides eligible taxpayers with free professional tax services in:
- Complex tax issues on:
- Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Fringe Benefit Tax (FBT)
- Capital Gain Tax (CGT)
- Advocacy in the tax regulation and legislation
- Dispute Assist and private rulings
- Applying for remissions of penalties
- Negotiating a payment plan with the Tax Office
- Individual tax return
- Lodgement obligation of Small Business Entities (SBE)
Where you can find us
Please note that the Tax Clinic will be closed from 1 December 2023. Operations are set to resume in February 2024. Appointment bookings are set to resume in March 2024.
Become an intern
2024 tax season is just around the corner! Do you want to be part of our great team this coming tax season?
Undertaking an internship with the University of Tasmania Tax Clinic is a great way to gain experience and help people in your community. Applications for Semester 1, 2024 are now open! Click below to find out more.