Children's University Tasmania rewards and celebrates engagement by children and young people in informal learning.
Children's University Tasmania collaborates with schools and the community to inspire children and young people aged 7-14, fostering their confidence and nurturing curiosity through a wide range of informal learning opportunities.
Children's University participants gain stamps in their Passports to Learning for:
- activities at Learning Destinations (e.g. museums, art galleries, wildlife parks, libraries);
- Children's University school holiday programs and University of Tasmania events;
- activities that take place at school but at lunchtime, recess or after school (e.g. chess club, choir, volunteering);
- regular activities (e.g. sporting clubs, music lessons, swimming lessons); and
- a range of fun online learning resources and activities.
Achievements are celebrated at annual Children's University graduation ceremonies around Tasmania.
Children’s University Tasmania is a member of Children’s University Australasia.
The best things about Children's University Tasmania
Learn new things
Learn more about things that interest you, develop new interests and discover new passions.
Visit new places
Explore the Learning Destinations in your community, go on a school holiday program and visit a University campus.
Celebrate at graduation
Share your achievements with your family at a very special University of Tasmania event.
How it works
For children and families
Find out more about the "University of Fun" and access great learning resources.…
Explore how and why we work with schools around Tasmania to further students' love of learning.…