Guide to Enrolment
If you need assistance navigating the eStudent system or finalising your enrolment, useful information is available at First Steps for new students.
More forms related to enrolment are available at student forms.
Academic and Financial Penalty Dates
If you withdraw from a unit after its census date you will be liable for the tuition and SSAF fees (where applicable). However, you can avoid the additional academic penalty if you withdraw before the ‘Last withdrawal without fail’ date – refer to Key Dates.
It is important to ensure your enrolment is correct before census date and any changes are visible in your eStudent profile.
Information regarding Academic Progress Review, Academic Exclusion, Academic Probation, and Leave of Absence is available at Academic Progress.
Cross Institutional Application
If you are a student from another university wishing to study a unit cross institutionally at UTAS, please fully complete the form below. A Request for Commonwealth Support and HECS-HELP form (if applicable) MUST be attached to this application. The application will not be processed if not complete.
- Application for a student from another institution to enrol at UTAS (PDF 129KB)
- Guidelines for a student from another institution (PDF 74KB)
If you are a UTAS student wishing to study as a cross institutional student at another institution, please fully complete, sign and date the form below. The application form is not an enrolment form for the other institution - you must contact the other institution for an enrolment form.
University Connections Program and High Achiever Program
For Tasmanian senior secondary students wishing to study units at UTAS at the same time or in addition to their TCE studies:
Non-award enrolment allows a single unit to be studied from the extensive range of units offered at the University of Tasmania. By studying in a non-award unit, it allows you to maintain your skills in a current field or alternatively allows you to study in an area which interests you. Find out more and how to apply for non-award enrolment.
Centre for Pavement Engineering Education (CPEE) Program
Refer to the Centre for Pavement Engineering Education (CPEE) Program Pack website.
The following forms are for students studying the joint program offered between CPEE and UTAS.
- It is my responsibility to ensure that my enrolment is correct by the census date; I must have engaged in my units of study (as described in the Unit Outline, for example through attendance, submission of assessments, accessing of unit content, use of systems, etc.) to the satisfaction of the Dean by the semester census date, in order to illustrate reasonable endeavours to pass my units and ultimately succeed in the course in which I am enrolled. I must also continue to engage beyond the census date. If I do not display satisfactory commitment in either regard, the University reserves the right to cancel my enrolment;
- I agree to pay all fees, levies and charges within the specified timelines;
- I will receive information and notices in relation to my course of study or general information via my University email account;
- I am aware of the conditions under which I can use the University's Information Technology facilities and I accept responsibility to obtain and read the relevant document: ICT Services and Facilities Use (PDF 202.8KB);
- I acknowledge that I can withdraw from my unit without financial penalty up to the census date, and can withdraw with financial penalty but without academic penalty up until the end of week 7, or equivalent for non-standard semesters;
- I must enrol by the published enrolment closing date for a semester. A fee of $100 may be charged for late enrolments;
- I agree to abide by the University By-Laws, Ordinances, Rules, Policies and procedures: Student Policy;