Open Education Resource
HealthLit4Kids is designed to support the requirements of the Australian Health and Physical Education Curriculum, but it also recognises that health and wellbeing can be taught and supported in many learning areas using a cross-curriculum approach. Our research demonstrates that students can learn about health and wellbeing through a range of inquiry-based and creative methods that supports their learning and wellbeing in different ways.
In this section, you will find a selection of student artefacts from our participating schools. The artefacts are organised according to learning levels K-2, and Gr 3-6, and the key ACARA HPE strands 'Movement and Physical Activity' and 'Personal, Social and Community Health'. Within each artefact description you will find information on the classroom activity, measures of success and its relevant focus areas as per the ACARA HPE categories below.
- Active Play and Minor Games (AP)
- Alcohol and Other Drugs (AD)
- Challenge and Adventure Activities (CA)
- Food and Nutrition (FN)
- Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS)
- Games and Sports (GS)
- Health Benefits of Physical Activity (HBPA)
- Lifelong Physical Activities (LLPA)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing (MH)
- Relationships (RS)
- Relationships and Sexuality (RS)
- Rhythmic and Expressive Movement Activities (RE)
- Safety (S)