Applications for paid internships with SIPS are now open
Current students can apply through Career Connect.
SIPS (previously known as AOSIP) is an award winning program linking operational sustainability outcomes with student education and experience.
The Sustainability Integration Program for Students (SIPS) has two key aims:
- To provide meaningful opportunities for students to apply their learning to real world sustainability challenges (and to be paid or gain course credit while doing so)
- To assist the University of Tasmania to have a positive environmental impact on the world and to be a leader in sustainable campus management
There are lots of different ways for students to get involved:
- Teacher directed in-class activities
- Student directed in-class assignments
- Research projects
- Placements: SIPS Intern, TSBE Corporate Internship Program, I-Prep Placement & Environment Governance Placement
- SIPS Fellowship
SIPS relies on staff interest and involvement. If you would like to encourage your students to participate, the SIPS Coordinator is available to speak to your class or to provide resources for students to access in MyLO.
Student work with SIPS can also contribute towards the Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Program (VCLP).
Get in touch
For more information, to be put on the mailing list or to discuss possible projects or activities, please email the SIPS coordinator.