The University of Tasmania’s Sustainability Team invites you to participate in a program that engages teams of staff and students in shaping the sustainability of our University. Registrations are now open!
What is Green Impact?
The Green Impact program is designed to celebrate, inspire and recognise the contributions of both professional and academic staff as well as students at the University.
The program is an integrated approach to sustainability centered around nine themes: resources and waste, biodiversity and community, water, health and wellbeing, energy and carbon, travel, procurement, inclusivity and diversity, and engagement.
Green Impact is an opportunity for staff at the University to:
- take practical action to improve the sustainability of their campuses
- collaborate with peers they may not usually work with
- learn about current sustainability initiatives of the University
- engage in new and creative activities with an element of competition.
Green Impact was developed by the National Union of Students (NUS) in the United Kingdom where it has been run for over 10 years, with more than 20,000 people actively participating.
In Australasia the Green Impact program is supported by Australasian Campuses Towards Sustainability (ACTS). In 2020, the University of Tasmania joins eleven universities in Australia and New Zealand taking part in Green Impact.
How to register and get involved
- Register as an individual, create a new team (3-15 staff members) or join an existing team with your colleagues.
- Read the online toolkit and decide which actions you would like to take part in and allocate responsibilities.
- Collaborate and take part in new initiatives or communicate what you are already doing with your colleagues and the wider community.
- Upload your actions to your online toolkit before the closing date.
- Join the end of year Sustainability Awards Event.
- Register as a team or an individual and we will create a team for your local area or within your College.
- Once we receive your registration, we will contact you by email with more details.
|22 February 2021||Toolkit opens|
|March 2021||Green Impact pre-audits|
|20 August 2021||Toolkit closes|
|26 August 2021||Auditing day|
|9 November 2021||Awards ceremony|
Green Impact Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org