Focus on what’s really important – getting the most out of uni.
Our Support to Study Scholarship Package helps all students who have the potential to succeed at uni. You don’t need to have a high ATAR, or have participated in higher education before.
Based on your need, a package is made up of one or more of the following:
Make your uni experience less stressful so that you can focus on your studies. We can help with financial support to go towards your living, relocation or travel costs.
Accommodation can be expensive, but we're here to make it easier and more affordable – especially if you're moving out of home for the first time, or from interstate or remote areas.
Support to succeed
Whether you need academic help, career guidance, health and wellbeing support, or just someone to talk to, we're here.
- 10 x 24-hour online study help sessions each semester with unlimited access to learning resources
- Career counselling support including an elite career planning workshop
- 6 x health and wellbeing counselling sessions
How can I be considered?
To help us find the right package for you, login to the Applicant Portal and complete the Support to Study questions.
Before logging in, make sure you have one of the below handy:
- Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) in your name
- a copy of a Centrelink income statement issued to your parent/s or guardian/s
- OR your most recent ATO Tax Statement
If you are currently studying at the University of Tasmania, you will need to apply via the Scholarships Portal - applications for 2022 are now open.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Support to Study Scholarship Package is available to commencing and continuing undergraduate domestic and onshore international year 12 school leavers. It is assessed after an applicant completes the Support to Study questions as part of their course application. The support given is determined on need and includes one or more of the following: financial and relocation support, accommodation support and support to succeed. We endeavour to notify applicants of the outcome within 15 days after receiving a fully completed Support to Study request.
- Commencing students applying for a course in 2022 can apply for a Support to Study Scholarship Package in the application portal.
- Continuing students will need to apply via the scholarships portal. Applications for continuing students open in early August.
Yes, you can receive multiple scholarships up to $20,000 per year. Some exceptions apply to a small number of scholarships, refer to the terms of the scholarship(s) you're applying for. You will need to apply for merit or diversity scholarships separately, You can also apply for multiple scholarships in one simple application to increase your chances of success.
Yes, we encourage everyone who wants to live in uni accommodation to apply as early as they can. If you are eligible for accommodation support, we will let you know and add it to your accommodation account.
Your Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN) is a number Centrelink uses to identify you. They include your number on letters they have sent you or on your concession card, if you have one.