Welcome to the Sustainability Portal
We invite staff and students to reflect on our divestment achievement by sharing your thoughts or aspirations. Pieces of cloth are provided at a location (see below) on each campus until the end of October. In 2021, these pieces of cloth will be part of an art project, the result of which will be on permanent display at our campuses.
- Sandy Bay – Big tree outside Mathematics building in the ‘mall’
- Newnham – Library foyer
- Inveresk – Railway Cottage veranda
- Rural Clinical School – Small eucalyptus tree outside tea room
- Cradle Coast Campus – Oak tree, centre of courtyard
- Rozelle Campus, Sydney (9 - 23 November 2020) - Building 101 courtyard
The University of Tasmania is committed to operating and focusing on sustainable outcomes for ourselves, our surrounding communities and the world. While respecting the traditional owners and their deep history with these lands and waters, we will strive to act in the best interests of not only the current generation but of generations to come. We will holistically embed this in the ethos of our operating model, our teaching, learning and research activities, and through engagement with our partners and stakeholders.