Harvard Room 2, Centenary Building, Sandy Bay campusSummary:
A forum about sustainable climate change action in Tasmania
During GCCW 2021, the School of ICT, on behalf of the University of Tasmania, plans to run a forum centred around the discussion of sustainable climate change action in Tasmania. The talking points will focus on current initiatives and challenges, near- and long-term goals, and the role of technology in implementing change.
The panel will include representatives from student, academic, government, and industry groups. This is a great opportunity to hear about what is happening to manage climate change on the island and what you can do to make a difference.
- Dr Ben Arthur (Chair – National Science Week Tasmania)
- Professor Nathan Bindoff (Professor of Physical Oceanography, IMAS)
- Garth Dickinson (Senior Policy Analyst at the Tasmanian Climate Change Office)
- Dr Chloe Lucas (Research Fellow, Geography, Planning & Spatial Sciences)
- Amy Wing (Australian Youth Climate Coalition Nipulana/Hobart)