Held on the 17th Mar 2023
at 7am to
, Northern Tasmania
Derby TAS, AustraliaSummary:
Join us for an Introductory Mountain Biking session at Derby
We're inviting all current UTAS students to join us for an Introductory Mountain Biking session at Derby. We have only 19 spots of offer for this one, and we've got exclusive coaching for our group, with the fantastic Mark and Brendan from Tailored Trails. Bikes from Vertigo MTB.
The Blue Derby trails are some of the best in the Southern Hemisphere, and this session is aimed at beginners. Our aim is to get you ready and capable enough to ride the trails by yourself and with your friends, come summer.
Moderate fitness, and the ability to ride a bike, are absolutely necessary.
As long as you can comfortably ride a bike on the road, we can learn how to ride the trails. That's what the session is for!
What's provided: transport, bike-hire, coaching.
How does it work?
It's only $57 for the day! This has been heavily subsidised by TUSA, and on top of this, we have partnered with operators for negotiated rates. This day would usually cost more than $180 per person.
Food and drinks are at your own expense, so pack a picnic lunch to keep you fueled! Lunch after the ride. You will be hungry!
There is a cafe at Derby. We'll stop by for some pizza, so bring some cash if you like. You can definitely bring your own lunch!
Date: Friday 17 March 2023
- Meeting point: 7:00am: Inveresk Apartments.
- 7:15am: Newnham, Queen Elizabeth Walk.
- End: 4:30pm Newnham/Inveresk.
What to bring:
- A packed lunch. (There is a cafe at Derby as well)
- A muesli bar or two for the trails
- Plenty of water. At least 2 litres.
- Comfortable outdoor clothes.(If you're wearing longs, make sure they are tight-fitting around the lower-leg, as they can get caught in the chainring. You will receive a detailed email about appropriate clothing, one week out from the day.)
- A change of t-shirt
- A cap/hat
- Water-proof jacket
- Training/sports shoes
- Light gloves