West Park Expansion
A new campus at West Park
The University will build a new $48 million campus at West Park in the heart of Burnie. A development application has been approved by Burnie City Council and construction has commenced.
Based on extensive consultation with the community, this will include:
- World-class facilities
- Easy pedestrian access options with public transport and ample car parking available
- A focus on enabling industry and community use of the site, with sensitivity to the natural environment
The first stage of this development is complete, in the shape of student accommodation, teaching facilities in the old Domestic Arts Building and the iconic Makers’ Workshop.
Vice-Chancellor, Professor Rufus Black shares his vision for the West Park campus.
Key achievements & milestones
Achievements to date:
- Stage 1 complete with student accommodation and renovations to Makers’ Workshop and the former Domestic Arts Building
- Masterplan released following extensive community consultation
- Funding secured for the project from State and Federal Governments
- Principal consultant architect appointed for detailed design of the campus
- Development application submitted to Burnie City Council and approved
- Commencement of construction
- Detailed co-design process, including extensive consultation with University staff to create world-class spaces for teaching and learning
- Staged construction timeline to be released
Want to stay up to date? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions
To provide feedback, ask questions or join the mailing list for project progress, you’re welcome to Contact Us
Email email@example.com or write to us at: Northern Transformation, Locked Bag 1321, Launceston TAS 7250.