The Graduate Diploma of Leadership (Health and Human Services) qualifies individuals who will apply a specialised body of knowledge and skills related to health & human service provision, system improvement, research and practice in a range of contexts for highly skilled professional practice, scholarship and as a pathway for further learning.
Graduates of the Graduate Diploma program will:
- Integrate and relate specialised knowledge of the Australian health & human service system and fundamentals of leadership and management to situate professional practice and system development in different aspects of effective health & human service delivery;
- Identify, manage, analyse, synthesis, evaluate and apply information relevant to improving health & human service deliver applying information relevant to improving health & human services across diverse contexts ;
- Critique the quality and relevance of contemporary research related to health & human services management, leadership and delivery across a diverse range of settings;
- Analyse, generate and communicate effective responses to complex problems and challenges in the context of leading & managing health & human service delivery and personal professional practice;
- Communicate effectively with a range of audiences and communities utilising different modalities; and
Standard Entry: requires an undergraduate degree from an Australian higher education institution or the equivalent standard in any other institution. This includes a process to assess the equivalency of qualifications received from overseas institutions as approved by the Course Coordinator.
Alternative Entry: Where this standard is not able to be met the following alternative criteria for equivalency can be considered by the Course Coordinator:
- Five years of relevant work experience demonstrating the relevance of the course and the prospective student's capacity to successfully undertake postgraduate study including reading, writing, analysis and research.
Graduate Certificate in Leadership (Health and Human Services) and articulates with Bachelor of Health and Human Services (Leadership) Prof Hons
Master of Leadership (Health and Human Services) and M9D Professional Doctorate of Health
Fees & scholarships
Domestic students enrolled in a full fee paying place are charged the Student Services and Amenities Fee but this fee is incorporated in the fees you pay for each unit you enrol in. Full fee paying domestic students do not have to make any additional SSAF payments.
Annual Tuition Fee is inclusive of the compulsory Student Services and Amenities (SSA) fee. The SSA fee for 2017 is $294 AUD.
For information on general scholarships available at the University of Tasmania, please visit the scholarships website.
How can we help?
Do you have any questions about choosing a course or applying? Get in touch.