Reading Lists provide direct access to material on unit reading lists. This includes eReadings and items in Reserve. All materials for a unit are listed in the one place.
To see how it looks view the Reading Lists page.
How do I add material to Reading Lists?
- Complete the Unit Reading List Submission Form
Please submit Unit Reading List Submission forms as early as possible prior to the start of semester to ensure that required items are available.
Please note: A Reading List Submission form will need to be submitted prior to a unit being taught each year even if there are no change to the material required.
Requests will be processed as quickly as possible in order of receipt.
|If the request is received||The Library will|
|8 weeks before the start of semester||commit to have all items held within the collection available for the first week of teaching|
|4 weeks before the start of semester||endeavour to have all items held within the collection available for the first week of teaching|
|1st week of semester||process requests as quickly as possible but cannot assume responsibility for the availability of items in time for student needs|
What Reading Lists can do?
Reading Lists provide:
- Direct links to eBooks, eReadings (articles, book chapters) and exam papers
- Direct links to websites/pages, eg. UTAS Unit Information pages, 3rd party websites
- Direct links to catalogue records for print items held by the Library
- The opportunity to deliver more content online
How can teaching staff use it?
- Reading Lists is accessible via the Library homepage. Teaching staff can also link to Reading Lists from MyLO
- You can place a link to your reading list anywhere! Here is how one looks:
- You can copy individual links to readings found in your Reading List and paste them anywhere, eg. MyLO, Word document or PDF
- You can embed your Reading List into your MyLO unit:
Need more information?
- Contact the Reading Lists team on +61 3 6226 1002
- Email email@example.com
- Purchasing policy for Required and Recommended texts