To keep your information more safe and secure you'll be asked to change your password four times per year. This page will help you successfully update your password on all your devices.
Change your Password
Use Change Password if:
- You know your current password
- You want to change your current password
Staff are encouraged to change their password by pressing CTRL+ALT+DELETE when logged in on campus and selecting "Change a Password".
Ensure you update all your devices using the supplied guides on this page.
Set your password
Use Set Password if:
- You have forgotten your password
- You cannot change your password via Change Password
- Your password has expired
- You have your UTAS username and need to set an initial password
This service is available 24/7. You must be registered for this service prior to using it (see below).
Most staff and students are already automatically registered.
Register for the Set Password service
The Set Password service above is only available if a mobile number is associated ('registered') to your account. Most staff and students are already automatically registered.
Use Register if:
- You know your current username and password
- You want to change the mobile number associated with your account
After a password change, use the guides below to update your devices where needed
Change your password with our Mobile App
Download the University of Tasmania mobile app to change your password on the go.