Performance and composition students enrolled in this unit will complete an exegesis of 7,500 - 10,000 words. The aim of this unit is to enable students to produce a properly researched paper complementary to the student's performance/composition presentations. Students are required to keep a research journal and regular submission of written work is expected to allow for the refinement of the student's development of ideas and writing style through critical feedback from the supervisor.
|Unit name||Exegesis Project|
|Faculty/School||College of Arts, Law and Education
School of Creative Arts and Media
Associate Professor Anne-Marie Forbes
|Available as student elective?||No|
|Location||Study period||Attendance options||Available to|
- International students
- Domestic students
Please check that your computer meets the minimum System Requirements if you are attending via Distance/Off-Campus.
Units are offered in attending mode unless otherwise indicated (that is attendance is required at the campus identified). A unit identified as offered by distance, that is there is no requirement for attendance, is identified with a nominal enrolment campus. A unit offered to both attending students and by distance from the same campus is identified as having both modes of study.
Special approval is required for enrolment into TNE Program units.
|Study Period||Start date||Census date||WW date||End date|
* The Final WW Date is the final date from which you can withdraw from the unit without academic penalty, however you will still incur a financial liability (see withdrawal dates explained for more information).
Unit census dates currently displaying for 2020 are indicative and subject to change. Finalised census dates for 2020 will be available from the 1st October 2019.
- Conduct supervised research on an approved topic
- Identify and apply an appropriate methodology including ethics approval if needed, to complete an honours level research project
- Collect, analyse and reference appropriate sources and / or original data to support your research project
- Communicate your research and findings through an appropriately presented document and oral presentation
|Band||CSP Student Contribution||Full Fee Paying (domestic)||Field of Education|
|1||2020: $1,671.00||2020: $4,890.00||100101|
Fees for next year will be published in October. The fees above only apply for the year shown.
Please note: international students should refer to this page to get an indicative course cost.
You cannot enrol in this unit as well as the following:
Weekly supervision (30 minutes) with academic supervisor
exegesis (7,500 - 10,000 words)
|Timetable||View the lecture timetable | View the full unit timetable|
Flexible Study Options
Turabian Manual for Writers 9th ed ISBN 978-0-226-43057-7
Booktopia textbook links
The University reserves the right to amend or remove courses and unit availabilities, as appropriate.