The Contractor Safety Management framework describes the processes and practices to be undertaken by the University of Tasmania to fulfil its obligations under WHS legislation in relation to contractors by:
- taking a systematic approach to WHS management throughout University of Tasmania
- promoting WHS as a priority in managing contracts
- improving contractor’s WHS performance
- promoting consistent practices for the WHS management of contractors
- promoting economic efficiency through standardisation of contractor WHS management
This framework establishes a systematic, risk-based approach to managing the WHS component throughout all the phases of a contractor’s engagement.The intent is to maintain minimal intervention for low risk basic contracts, but a more robust oversight process for high risk and more complex contracts.