Advanced Standing is the recognition of prior studies, from either another institution or another course at this University, that may count towards the requirements for the degree you are applying for at the University of Tasmania. The advanced standing granted may be an exemption (i.e. the advanced standing is granted for a particular unit), or general, for example, for elective units at a particular level.
Applications for Advanced standing for the Bachelor of Medicine Bachelor of Surgery are not typically accepted however may be considered by the course coordinator on a case by case basis.
Applications for credit should be applied for no later than 2 weeks prior to your commencing study period start date.
There are two ways to apply for advanced standing:
- Applying to study as
- A Domestic Students: If you are applying to study an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Coursework course at the University of Tasmania, please print out and complete the Credit Application form instead and forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
- An International Students: If you are applying or you have accepted an offer to study, please complete the Credit Application form and upload with the required documents to StudyLink or forward to email@example.com
- As a current student
It is important that you nominate your intended major and minor in the undergraduate degree you are applying for, as this information is required when assessing advanced standing; and include the following required documents along with your advanced standing application in order for it to be assessed as promptly as possible. There may be delays in assessing advanced standing applications if all required documents are not provided:
- Copy of an academic transcript
- Unit descriptions from the relevant institutional handbook and relating to the year of your study, e.g if your study was undertaken in 2018 descriptions must come from the 2018 handbook
- If you have indicated that you have completed your previous course but this is not confirmed on your academic transcript you must provide evidence of completion by way of a copy of your testamur (i.e. certificate confirming you have completed an award course of study)
- If your previous qualifications are in a different name to that listed on this application you must provide original or certified evidence of your name change to UConnect