Credit or Advanced Standing is the recognition of prior studies also known as recognition for prior learning (RPL), from either another institution or another course at this University, that may count towards the requirements for the degree you are applying for at the University of Tasmania. The advanced standing granted may be an exemption (i.e. the advanced standing is granted for a particular unit), or general, for example, for elective units at a particular level.
Applications for credit received after 2 weeks prior to your commencing study period start date may not be accepted.
To apply for credit for Semester 1 2021 your credit application should be received in full by 31 January 2021, to avoid delays and facilitate enrolment for day 1 of the semester.
How To Apply For A Credit Assessment
- As a Domestic Student: If you are applying to study an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Coursework course at the University of Tasmania, please complete the electronic Credit Application form and email to Credit.Assessments@utas.edu.au with required documentation
- As an International Students: If you are applying for credit please indicate this with your application to study with us and include required documentation, through StudyLink. If you have already accepted your offer please email email@example.com with your request to be assessed for credit and attach required documentation.
What To Provide For A Credit Assessment?
- Nominate your intended major in the Undergraduate degree you are applying for or specialisation in a Postgraduate degree,
- Copy of an academic transcript,
- Complete Unit Outlines relating to the year of your study e.g. if your study was undertaken in 2018, Unit Outlines must come from 2018, that includes:
- Full description of the unit
- Learning Outcomes
- Teaching outline of weekly topics covered
- Textbook list
- Teaching hours
- Prerequisite for entry
- If you have indicated that you have completed your previous course but this is not confirmed on your academic transcript you must provide evidence of completion by way of a copy of your testamur (i.e. certificate confirming you have completed an award course of study)
- If your previous qualifications are in a different name to that listed on this application you must provide original or certified evidence of your name change.
If you are applying via the Credit Application form, please include electronic copies/scans of the above documents. There may be delays in assessing credit applications if all required documents are not provided.