In addition to completing University of Tasmania compliance requirements, prior to undertaking any Professional Experience Placement (PEP) in NSW, all students must complete NSW Health Compliance requirements and be verified in their placement management system, ClinConnect.
NSW Health ClinConnect verification is separate to the University of Tasmania requirements. Therefore, students will need to submit specific compliance documents to both the University and NSW Health. Students will be advised by the NSW PEP Team when their compliance documentation is ready to be submitted to the ClinConnect Coordinator.
There are two components to NSW Health ClinConnect Compliance. These are:
- NSW Health Code of Conduct
- National Police Certificate (and ESRU clearance if offenses are listed on your police certificate)
- 100 point ID checklist (medical laboratory students only)
- NSW Heath Pathology Privacy Undertaking Form for Employee/Contractor (medical laboratory students only)
Health Protection Status (Immunisation Compliance)
- NSW Health Tuberculosis (TB) Assessment Tool
- NSW Health Appendix 6: Student Undertaking/Declaration
- NSW Health Attachment 1: BBV student declaration (Paramedic and Laboratory Medicine students only)
- NSW Health Vaccination Record Card for Health Care Workers and Students
- NSW Health Appendix 9: Hepatitis B Vaccination Declaration (if required)
- Australian Government COVID-19 vaccine records (either Medicare Immunisation Statement or COVID-19 Digital Certificate
University of Tasmania compliance can be checked at any time by logging in to InPlace. NSW Health ClinConnect verification can be monitored within InPlace by viewing the compliance item: NSW Health ClinConnect Status.
NSW Health ClinConnect Status is view only for students. This compliance item is updated weekly via a direct data import between ClinConnect and InPlace on a Friday. (First year students note: this item will only become active after Study Period One census date).
Once students have met University of Tasmania compliance requirements, they will be advised of how to meet NSW Health ClinConnect verification.
There are three levels of NSW Health ClinConnect Compliance status: