A Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania will place you in a unique research environment. We aim to ensure that you not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want at the end of your degree.
One of the ways the University can facilitate this outcome is to have a clear Governance Framework that provides useful guidance to candidates, supervisors, Graduate Research Coordinators (GRC) and all staff involved with research at the university. It is a condition of enrolment that candidates abide by these Ordinances, Policies and Procedures.
University of Tasmania Ordinances, Policies and Procedures
Other University of Tasmania Ordinances, Policies and Procedures can be found at Governance Instruments Framework.
Research Degree resources
Commencement of Candidature
Research Training Governance Instruments
- Research Training Ordinance (PDF 335.8 KB)
- Research Training Policy
- Research Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- HDR Admissions, Selection & Enrolment procedure (PDF 280.4 KB)
- HDR Research Training Program & Other Scholarships procedure (PDF 306.6 KB)
- HDR Supervision & Academic Support procedure (PDF 289.5 KB)
- HDR Candidature Management & Enrolment Variation procedure (PDF 253.6 KB)
- HDR Academic Progress procedure (PDF 518.6 KB)
- HDR Examinations procedure (PDF 704.4 KB)