A Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania will place you in a unique research environment. We aim to ensure that you not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want at the end of your degree.
One of the ways the University can facilitate this outcome is to have a clear Governance Framework that provides useful guidance to candidates, supervisors, Graduate Research Coordinators (GRC) and all staff involved with research at the university. It is a condition of enrolment that candidates abide by these Ordinances, Policies and Procedures.
University of Tasmania Ordinances, Policies and Procedures
Other University of Tasmania Ordinances, Policies and Procedures can be found at Governance Instruments Framework.
Research degree resources
- HDR Admissions, Selection & Enrolment procedure (PDF 277.9 KB)
- HDR Research Training Program & Other Scholarships procedure (PDF 330.3 KB)
- HDR Supervision & Academic Support procedure (PDF 288.6 KB)
- HDR Candidature Management & Enrolment Variation procedure (PDF 309.9 KB)
- HDR Academic Progress procedure (PDF 732.7 KB)
- HDR Examinations procedure (PDF 695.3 KB)
Current HDR candidates
We are committed to providing you with the support you require to engage in world-class research. The Graduate Research Office manages and oversees all aspects of candidature, from admissions to examination.
All resources, including access to iGRad (our electronic Candidature Management system), are available at Higher Degree by Research Candidates (Secure portal login).