The University of Tasmania's IT Service Desk provides support to all staff and students on campus and online.
1. Service Channels
Online request or enquiries can be submitted within the Service Portal
- Requests and Enquiries may be reported anytime online
- Answers to many common problems can also be found on the Service Portal
- The Service Desk can also be contacted via Chat with IT Services from the Service Portal 8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday
Telephone Service hours are via 6226 2600: 364 days/year, closed on Christmas day (25-December)
8:00am - 6:00pm, Monday to Friday (except for Tasmanian state-wide Public Holidays: 10:00am - 1:00pm)
- 10:00am - 1:00pm Saturday, Sunday and Tasmanian state-wide Public Holidays and University closure days between Christmas Day and New Years Day.
- Phone: (03) 6226 2600, International: +61 3 6226 2600, (Internal): x2600
- Phone: 1300 304 903 (Local Call charge from landlines within Tasmania)
Face to face support is available at the Morris Miller Library (Sandy Bay Campus) and Launceston Campus Library (Newnham Campus):
- 10:00am - 4:00pm Monday to Friday during Semester 1 & 2 teaching periods (excluding Public Holidays)
- 11:00am - 1:00pm Monday to Friday during non-Semester 1 & 2 teaching periods, (excluding Public Holidays and University closure days between Christmas Day and New Years Day).
2. Services Provided
The Service Desk is the front-end of a three-tier system of support for the University in relation to all IT, Video Conference, Telephony, Audio Visual or online learning issues. We provide a single point of contact for all staff and students.
- All University related IT requests or enquiries for Students and Staff
- All phone requests or enquiries for Students and Staff
- All network requests or enquiries for Students and Staff
- Password management
- All video conference support and bookings for centrally managed spaces
- All audio visual support for centrally managed spaces
3. Service Performance
The Service Desk measures our performance in a large number of ways, the most important being:
- Response Time: The Service Desk aims to answer over 90% of phone calls within 30 seconds. The minimum desired level is that 85% of calls will be answered within 30 seconds.
- Telephone call abandonment rate: The percentage of callers abandoning their attempt to phone the Service Desk after waiting 30 seconds is to be kept at or under 7%, with the desire being to keep this at or under 5%.
- First Call Resolution: The Service Desk aims to resolve 40% of calls at first phone contact.