The University engages cleaning contractors to clean the University.
Contracted cleaning activities
- Collection of general waste and recycled materials, and security shredding
Additional collections can be arranged but may incur an additional charge
- Routine cleaning and inspections. Routine cleaning activities are undertaken on a daily, weekly, twice weekly, quarterly, biannual, annual and periodic basis
- Touch point cleaning. Touch point cleaning has a focus on wiping/cleaning/sanitising all touch points, for example sanitising stations, door handles/levers, light switches, lift buttons, wiping/cleaning all horizontal surfaces, desk or bench tops, shelves and wiping/cleaning kitchen surfaces, common space seating areas
- Pest control services are undertaken by certified technicians and carried out in accordance with the Australian Code of Practice in the safe handling and use of pesticides. All pesticides are registered with the National Registration Authority
- Sanitary services are undertaken by trained technicians. These services include installation and servicing of sanitary units located in female and unisex washrooms and hygiene treatments in male washrooms
The cleaning frequencies and areas schedule (PDF 58.8KB) is monitored by Infrastructure Services and Development.