If you are interested in hiring a University venue please submit your enquiry (as per the instructions below) and your request will be considered in light of venue restrictions. Please note that a venue cannot be guaranteed.
Hire of University venues is subject to hirers complying with all University requirements as they relate to COVID-19 safety including hirers being required to provide a COVID-19 Safety Plan for the event.
The University welcomes hire of select venues across its campuses. Most venues are available for hire after hours, on weekends and during semester break periods. Some venues may be available of a day during semester depending on the University teaching timetable.
Venues include lecture theatres with contemporary audio visual equipment, seminar rooms and foyer spaces. On-site catering can be arranged for most venues if required. Venues are suitable for public lectures, training workshops and presentations, award ceremonies, conferences and concerts.
How to book a venue
All venues are hired in accordance with the University's Venue Hire Procedure. To hire a University venue:
- Contact the Shared Services team to find out the availability of rooms on the date you require and to make a booking.
- Submit a contract for hire document (PDF 251.9KB) (external customers and TUSA-affiliated clubs and societies) or the online venue request form (internal hirers only, not including TUSA-affiliated clubs and societies) to Campus Services.
- Complete the University venue safety induction online (see below), if you haven't already done so.
Venues for hire
The venue hire procedure does not apply to the bookings of teaching spaces for timetabling teaching activities; exams; university business meeting; video conferencing facilities; and bookings relating to facilities, grounds and other amenities operated by UniGym.
- Contract for hire of University venues (PDF 72.2KB) (for external hirers, including TUSA-affiliated clubs and societies)
- Online venue request form (for internal hirers only, not including TUSA-affiliated clubs and societies)
- Liquor permit application form (PDF 76KB)
- Exhibition space agreement form (PDF 104.9KB) (For non-University sponsored exhibitions)
- Terms and Conditions of Hire
Council requirements for selling food
If you wish to sell food at your event, you may need to comply with a range of local Council regulations.
Each council has a website which provides advice on things you need to know about operating a food premise as well the requirements for selling pre packed foods at food stalls, markets and fairs. Note: TUSA affiliated societies do not need to apply for a food permit if their functions are within the Hobart City Council's municipal area.
Venue safety induction
The person responsible for the function will need to complete the online safety induction for UTAS venues.